The products we create are compatible with various video cable and connector configurations.
These various subsea technical solutions include: high definition signal travel such as 4K HDMI, 3G-SDI, & VGA. Power supply cables that are configurable for a variety of applications. Customizable and compact cable systems that can connect two devices. And high frequency WiFi signal transmission, Ethernet, or USB 3.0 are just some of the possibilities we can provide to help you achieve your goals.
Bulkhead Connector (Ethernet)
An underwater Ethernet bulkhead connector is a waterproof device designed to transmit LAN Ethernet data at speeds of up to 1,000 Mbps (1 Gigabit per second) between underwater systems. It features Cat6 cable and RJ45 connectors, ensuring universal connectivity for data transmission from underwater devices and control over Cat6 (four twisted pairs of Stranded copper) for your camera or other electronic equipment. These connectors are constructed from marine brass and incorporate a water block to maintain a vacuum inside your underwater housing. They are compatible with Dive And See LAN Ethernet cables, such as DNC-1101 and DNC-1044.
The Ethernet Series
The Ethernet series comprises various types of Ethernet connectors, including options for combined power and Ethernet connectors in circular, metal shell, and low-profile configurations. All Dive And See Ethernet connectors support Gigabit-speed performance. In addition to Ethernet bulkhead connectors, there are also submersible USB bulkhead connectors equipped with custom USB ports for data transmission from underwater devices.
Advantages of Using Underwater Ethernet Bulkhead Connectors
- High-Speed Data Transmission: They enable LAN Ethernet data transmission at speeds of up to 1,000 Mbps (1 Gigabit per second) between underwater systems, facilitating real-time monitoring and control.
- Universal Connectivity: With Cat6 cable and RJ45 connectors, they provide universal connectivity, making it easy to link different underwater devices and systems.
- Waterproof and Submersible: These connectors are waterproof and submersible, making them suitable for harsh underwater environments in marine research, oil and gas exploration, and other applications.
- Vacuum Sealing: Some connectors come with a built-in water block that maintains a vacuum inside the housing when using the AirLock Vacuum System, protecting against water penetration.
- Rugged and Resilient: They are designed to withstand pressure, temperature cycling, seawater corrosion, and harsh underwater conditions, making them ideal for military electronics, oceanographic research, and subsea applications.
In summary, underwater Ethernet bulkhead connectors offer high-speed data transmission, universal connectivity, waterproof and submersible features, vacuum sealing, and ruggedness, making them suitable for a variety of underwater applications.
Maximum Depth Rating
The maximum depth at which an underwater Ethernet bulkhead connector can operate depends on the specific model. Depth ratings typically range from 40 meters (131 feet) to 100 meters (328 feet). For example, the DNC-1101 Underwater Ethernet Cat6 cable has a depth rating of 90 meters (295 feet). When selecting a connector for underwater use, consider other factors such as material, strength, pulling tension, resistance to pressure, and resistance to seawater corrosion.